Féile Iománá Cill Mhocuda na Crócaigh 10ú Deireadh Fómhair 2021
Céad Míle Fáilte go dtí Cill Mochuda na Crócaigh
Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club would like to welcome all teams to our Festival of Hurling. We are delighted to welcome teams from all over Ireland to our prestigious annual event. It is a great chance for boys to put all the skills they are learning and developing each week into practice in a fun-filled day. Thanks to all the coaches, the continuing support of parents who make this day possible. Enjoy the games!
Fáilte Roimh Ár Bhfoirne Cuairte - Welcome to our visiting teams
- Ballycastle GAA (Co. Antrim)
- Clarinbridge GAA (Co. Galway)
- Craughwell (Co. Kilkenny)
- Navan O'Mahonys GAA (Co. Meath)
- Ratoath (Co. Meath)
- Dicksboro GAA (Co. Kilkenny)
- James Stephens (Co. Kilkenny)
- Ballincollig GAA (Co. Cork)
Clár An Lae - Event Information
Logistics & Safety
• In the event of adverse weather conditions, Kilmacud Crokes Festival Co-ordinators will make a decision by 3pm Saturday 9th October, notifying teams in the event of festival cancellation.
• Coach and car parking is available as per map.
• Please note cars should not be parked along roadside by pitches – cars will be clamped, but more importantly, this creates a safe crossing hazard for children.
• Please note the pedestrian crossing. Adults & children should cross only at this point. • Teams should register from 11.00am at the registration desk - €50 per team (Revolut / Cash). • First aid is located beside the Registration Area.
• After registration, teams may warm-up, but should be at their designated pitch 10 mins before throw in. Teams are requested to wear their club colours.
• There will be one box of refreshments available for each team, which will include sandwiches, snacks and drinks. Team managers can collect from sports hall opposite venue.
• Toilets located in sports hall.
• Tea & coffee is available for adults at the registration area.
• Teams are requested to clean up after themselves and use the bins provided. • Team managers must ensure their team is ready beside allocated pitch 10mins before matches.
• Matches will be started and finished by a centrally timed air-horn, teams not ready to start will forfeit their match and a ‘win’ awarded to their opponents.
• Teams can expect to be playing on a different pitch for their final game, listen for announcements or check the fixture board beside the registration desk.
• Each finale will be proceeded by a parade led by a piper and colour guard – feel free to bring club flags.
Normal Hurling rules apply with a maximum of four steps carry of the sliotar on Hurley. 10-a-side teams with unlimited substitutions.
Smart Touch sliotars will be used.
Blitz Spirit & Code
Kilmacud Crokes subscribes to and promotes the GAA code of conduct and expects this of all visiting teams. Players along with team managers, parents and supporters are expected to demonstrate respect for the game, each other, opponents, referees, blitz officials and venue. Offending players will be subject to the unquestioned decision of the referee. Identified repeat offenders off the pitch will be asked to leave, to ensure the enjoyment of the majority is not compromised.
Ronan Creaney 086 8812523
Mark O’Brien 086 2482727
Colm O’Connor 087 7437222
Participating team co-ordinators will be added to a WhatsApp group for ease of communication. Should you not wish to be included in same, please advise by Friday 8th October.
• Enter UCD campus via Clonskeagh Road / Wynnsward Drive entrance
• Coaches / buses park on RHS as you enter – see PDF• Cars to park in area indicated – note pay parking applies in some areas but there should be sufficient space in ‘free’ areas • Under no circumstance park along the avenue – you will be clamped!
• Please arrive early to register by 11.00 – give the lads time to get ready - first matches will start at 12:00 sharp
• Toilets and catering are within the Student Centre across the Avenue – please make sure to be careful when crossing
• The Players are children
• The Coaches are volunteers
• The Referees are human
• Keep phones in pockets
• This is not the All-Ireland Final
• Give Respect – Get Respect !
Our First Priority is for our children to have FUN!