Under 14 Hurlers line up League Final clash with Vincents

Kilmacud Crokes Hurling - Match Report Template.

Name of submitter: Pat Halpin Phone: 086 832 6377

Team Under 14 A

Date of Match: 6th November 2005 Home:

Versus: Naomh Fionnbarra Venue: Pairc an tAirgead

Competition/League: Under 14 Division 1 League

Management Team: Pat Halpin, Gerry Hogarty, Daibhi dePaor.


Match Result

Crokes 2 - 07 v Naomh Fionnbarra 1 - 05



Crokes: Jamie O’Sullivan (1 – 05), Eoin Dalton (1-00), Naomhan Reardon (0 – 01), Johnny Brew (0 – 01)


Match Report/ Match Highlights:

Under 14 Hurlers – Hard fought victory lines up League Final clash with Vinnies

A good crowd turned out to watch the Under 14 hurlers take on Naomh Fionnbarra in their last regular league game of the season. A win was essential to ensure at least a playoff against St Vincents for the league title. Vincents have won the league title each year since Under 11.

A hard physical game, Crokes opened brightly and were two points up after four minutes, Jamie converting two frees, one from over seventy yards out. However Fionnbarrs came back into the game with two converted frees in the seventh and fifteenth minutes. Eddie had to go off after 7 minutes when he received a blow to his elbow and was replaced by Bill. Crokes then started to dominate, Jamie and Johnny scored two well taken points before Jamie scored a rasper of a goal in the seventeenth minute. Jamie further extended the Crokes lead with two more points, one from play and another converted point. Crokes went into the halftime break with a 1 – 06 to 0 – 02 lead.

Fionnbarrs started brightly in the second half with two quick points in two minutes to narrow the gap. Croke’s Jamie came very close to scoring a goal when a blaster of a shot narrowly went wide. Fionnbarrs then started to dominate midfield and little ball was reaching the fullforward line. They scored another point in the ninth minute. Naomhan extended Croke’s lead with a well taken point in the fifteenth minute only for Fionnbarrs to score a goal one minute later and narrow the margin to two points. The rest of the match was a ding dong battle with both defences on top and both sets of forwards narrowly missing the target on a couple of instances. However, Crokes snatched a goal in the 30th minute, when Eoin Dalton latched onto a loose ball after a schmozzle in front of the goal to seal the victory.

As usual between these two sides, it was a tough uncompromising game but Crokes were able to produce the goods when it mattered and showed great character and determination to old on for this hard earned victory.

Kilmacud Crokes:

Barry Mulligan, Hugh Byrne, Jack Kelly, Cian O’Brien, Keith Hogarty, Eddie O’Byrne, Sean McGrath, Alan Carr, Jack Whelan, Louis Whelan, Killian Doherty, Johnny Brew, Eoin Dalton, Jamie O’Sullivan, Brendan Halpin.

Subs: Bill for Eddie (injured), Sean Murphy for Louis, Naomhan for Jamie, Darren for Jack Kelly, Peter for Hugh, Jack Doughan for Brendan, Matthew Kinsella for Jack Whelan,

Players unavailable: - Mark O’Dwyer (injured), Paul Collins & Philip Denieffe