Round up of a great 10 weeks for #LidlOneGoodClub Inititaive
Our 10 week #LidlOneGoodClub Programme has come to an end and it has been a wonderful 10 weeks! Crokes is a huge club that has “a place for everyone” at the core of everything we do. With over 5,000 members and 183 teams from nursery-underage-minor-adult-veteran level the challenge can be building a sense of community across all the different codes and teams. All codes, teams and friends came out in force over the last 10 weeks to create something very special around the themes of
BE ACTIVE | CONNECT| TAKE NOTICE| GIVE | KEEP LEARNING in line with Jigsaw’s 5 a day for mental health!
Thank you to all of the teams, families and friends of Crokes who supported the different initiatives. We have no doubt that the we are better because of our involvement and there are many initiatives we started that will become regular events in our calendar!
Round up of the 10 weeks below!
- A cardio dance workout for 150 led by Senior and Minor players from all 4 codes.
- The under 12’s giant Zumba session.
- All codes were invited to bring their grandparents to pilates facilitated by a registered Physiotherapist and club member followed by tea and cake in the café after.
- U’16s's embraced an extra strength and conditioning session.
- U8's held a sprint challenge in the Paddock
- U10's did star jumps at their half time games in Kilkenny
- U14 boys took part in a giant Wheelbarrow race.
- U14 girls did extra sprint sessions as part of training every week!
- U12's Ladies Football and Camogie left the balls and sliotars aside and took part in a Zumba session with Mam's and Dad's and coaches.
- Under 14 & Minor Teams across all 4 codes took part in a "Mixed Rounders Extravaganza" on Good Friday and Easter Saturday- something to be repeated
- Under 12#s participated in a team building morning, followed by a team breakfast in the café and an opportunity to connect with the men’s Senior Football team to play a match, have a chat about the love of the game.
- Glenalbyn Tennis Hiking Club took part in a hike around Kanturk & Scar .
- U15’s took time after hard training session to practice mindfulness.
- Under 14's took some time after training to lie back, look at the sky and listen to the sounds around them.
- Ms O’Crowleys 4th class from St. Raphaelas NS took part with a mindfulness session.
- Family fun Bingo with over 200 in attendance raised €1,429 for Jigsaw.
- Under 11 and Under 12 teams hosted a bake sale for Temple Street raising €1,050
- Under 12 Girls joined the KC Choir to learn a number of new songs which they then performed together in Stillorgan Shopping Centre raising €350 for Jigsaw.
- The Under 12 team visited LauraLynn to find out about the work that they do, the supports they provide children with life-limiting conditions and their families. The girls helped support LauraLynn for their upcoming Children’s Hospice Week campaign.
- Log in to post comments