Dublin GAA Coaching & Games Programme 2016 - 2017
A message from the Coaching Department
We're coming into that time of year again where in a few weeks our teams will slowly begin to wind down and look forward to the Christmas break.
This gives us as coaches an opportunity to reflect on the season just gone, and look at areas where we ourselves can improve for the coming season.
Coach Education is a one of the main tools that we can use when it comes to increasing our knowledge and equipping our players for the challenges that lie ahead as they further their playing careers. Dublin GAA have put together an excellent Coach Education Programme for 2016 - 2017 season - please see attached. From a hurling & camogie perspective there are excellent workshops that are planned, some of which will be delivered by former inter-county players such as Michael Kavanagh & Michael Rice from Kilkenny. Some of the hurling & camogie workshops include:
- The Art of Defending (aimed at youth coaches U13 - U18) - Michael Kavanagh (former Kilkenny Hurler)
- Early Skill Development (aimed at Child coaches U5 - U12) - Damien Quigley (Leinster GAA GDA)
- Skill Acquisition (aimed at Adult Coaches (U16 - Adult) - Ed Coughlan Skill Acquisition Coach (Former Coach to Mayo footballers & Dublin Hurlers)
- Manning the Middle - Midfield Play (aimed at Adult Coaches U16 - Adult) - Michael Rice (former Kilkenny Hurler)
Other workshops are aimed at Physical Fitness and include:
- Introduction to Resistance Training
- Planning Pre Season fitness training
- GAA 15 warm up
Kilmacud Crokes will host a Hurling Workshop on Friday October 21st from 7.30pm to 9pm on the All Weather Pitch. The workshop will be delivered by Kevin Ryan and it will be aimed at Child Coaches (U5 - U12). "Playing the Percentage Game" is the title of the workshop that Kevin will cover.
To attend or book a place on any of the workshops outlined above please contact Dublin Coaching & Games Department:
For more information download the following booklet (pdf format) coaching_and_games_booklet_2016-2017.pdf